Monday, January 25, 2010



The picture to the left with the outline of a girl and the words “Class President” is a picture of myself, only altered to look like a hundred little pieces putting my frame together. The alteration is very simple, yet very meaningful to me. When talking about Class Presidents, I believe there are a lot of misconceptions and preconceived notions. However, these notions and misconceptions only help to define the shape of some of the pieces that add up to me. In addition to the pieces, the colors, as well as my facial expression, all represent something of significance. In spite of this, nothing comes close to the significance of that day. The picture was evidently taken on Graduation Day, a day I put hundreds of hours into in order to sit at a two -hour ceremony. Despite the short commencement ceremony, the hours as well as the time, are all a part of me, making up the pieces of my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment